Senior Quantity Surveyor
MyCFL Ltd is working with a leading international multichannel retailer. They operate over 1000 stores under a number of fascias providing their customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their busy Property team across the UK/Ireland.
The Package - What you could earn
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Company Discount Of 35% Across All Fascia’s
- Company Pension Scheme With 4% Employer Contribution/1% Employee Contribution
- 33 Days Holiday Per Year (25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays)
- Life Assurance Of 2* Of Annual Salary
- Single Cover Healthcare
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme (Based On Business As Well As Personal Performance)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Annual Appraisal
- Salary Reviews
- Company Phone
- Company Laptop
- In-House Training Programmes To Develop Personally & Professionally
- Onsite Canteen
- Staff Sales
- Opportunities To Progress Throughout The Wider Business
- Line Manager: Antony Chaplin
- Working Hours: 8:30am-5pm/40 Hours Per Week/Monday-Friday
- Travel And Over Night Stays Will Be Required On Occasion
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Group Quantity Surveyor you will manage all commercial aspects of the end to end project cycle of new stores, re-fits and extensions to high standards. This includes managing and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects to plan.
- Responsible for contributing to the successfully co-ordination and management of the capital investment plan to deliver programmes, projects and initiatives of varying size and complexity taking account of programme, quality and health and safety implications.
- Responsible for implementing a cost reduction strategy within the Property Department, ensuring cost reduction activity and value engineering is delivered appropriately. Drive the value engineering strategy across all store formats, ensuring that best value is delivered without adversely influencing life cycle cost or compromising operational efficiency. Proactively look to drive cost, time and wasted effort out of construction.
- Manage the project feasibility process from initial proposal through scoping and option studies to Board Approval of funding. Site visit to ascertain constraints and identify risks. Ascertain brief and scope of work from other departments.
- Develop and employ modelling and estimating techniques to provide accurate Capex Estimates, rates and costs for an annual spend of up to £30m across a variety of different types and sizes of new and refurbishment retail projects.
- Develop and manage procurement techniques to suit the types and quantum of programmes, projects and initiatives with solutions which will demonstrate and ensure best value is delivered taking account of quality, programme and health and safety implications.
- Conduct tender processes including preparation of tender documentation, evaluation of tenders and the making of detailed recommendations.
- Adopt a consistent approach to the contractual engagement of all consultants, suppliers and contractors employed by the company to carry out works associated with the capital investment plan. Ensure a timely appointment including agreement of fees and an appropriately specified level of services and activities. Avoid duplication of roles with other consultants and vendors.
- Monitor the financial progress of individual projects through regular communication and reports assessing the potential impact of change on the budgets and also taking account of the effect on the business and ensuring change control procedures are rigidly adhered to. Take up any variances with the appropriate area/individual.
- Agree final accounts with all contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain accurate benchmark costs across all Group fascias and individual cost elements with an appreciation of Group costs within the wider retail fit-out industry context.
- Strive for excellence in all processes within the project & design team, continually reviewing and developing improvements
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors encouraging them to take positive action and assume accountability for their assigned work
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Construction/Retail Fit Out experience: You will have knowledge and experience of the construction and shop fit industry including knowledge of legislation processes managing projects up to £2.5M in value.
- Experience gained at a manager level in a corporate client based organisation or specialist consultancy.
- Quantity Surveying / Cost Management experience: You will be able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects across a number of group fascia’s keeping them on budget and delivering them on time and to a high standard.
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Construction Faculty (MRICS) or equivalent.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills: You will have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders and departments.
- Numerate and strong attention to detail.
- Qualifications: Relevant bachelor’s degree or construction cost management qualification would be advantageous.
- This role is to be office based at Bury HQ, however you will need to be geographically mobile to support our store portfolio across UK & Ireland.
- Self-motivated, but works well as part of a team.
- Technically competent with knowledge of various software programmes.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Can react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Extensive travel and periods of time away from home as required.
- Completely fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking). All reporting will be done in English.
- Full Driving Licence essential.
Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for a new and exciting challenge within a well-established company in order to enhance your career? Is this you? Apply today!