Senior Backend Developer
A great opportunity to join a young, dynamic and fast-paced organisation. Following very successful game productions, our client is a market leader in multiple game genres. With around 2000 employees they still work in start-up culture and pace. Our client are here to build and grow their future portfolio and to make a difference by creating beautiful, innovative and successful mobile games – join their exciting journey! Our client are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join their growing team in London.
The Package - What you could earn
- Competitive basic salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- Company Benefits including private health care, pension (7.5%), 26 days of holiday and accrue each year additional day, travel allowance
Senior Backend Developer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing multiplayer games for millions of players
- Deep Java knowledge (Java Core, multithreading, Java EE)
- Strong awareness of current web development standards and frameworks (e.g. Spring Framework)
- Experience with messaging systems (JMS, xMQ, Kafka)
- A mastery of object-oriented design, design patterns and software design best practices
- Familiarity with agile and XP practices
- Desire to write tests of different size (small, medium, large)
- Experience leading the design, development, delivery, and support of technically complex software products
- Proficiency at understanding an existing codebase, learning from it, and documenting/explaining when needed.
- Design & develop highly scalable servers that serve millions of players per day on various solutions like AWS.
- Write technical design documents.
- Architect scalable DB solutions.
- Deep understanding of web topology and rising challenges of highly-scalable, highly-available systems.
- High level of understanding of current technologies to support multi-platform products.
- Work tightly with product departments, keeping to precise timelines.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Passion for games.
- A wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.).
- Experience with mobile and/or console game development
- Proven experience in managed programming, with a significant background in server-side JAVA.
- NoSQL database experience (we use Couchbase)
- Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching
- Experience with Groovy and other dynamic languages (Groovy, Python, Ruby, Clojure)
- Experience using test driven development
- Expertise in building highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed services
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Hands-on experience with large scale products.
- Experience in writing technical design documents.
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming.
- Ability to be part of a team and be a supportive teammate.
- Ability and will to learn and explore new technologies.
Are you a Senior Backend Developer looking for an exciting and new challenge within a reputable company? Is this you? Apply today!