MyCFL Ltd is working with a pioneering South African ISPs & web development company who are specialists in the media industry and veterans from enterprise IT, media and communication. They provide globally innovative solutions; strategic consulting, custom app/software development, cloud infrastructure and device supply, integration and support. They offer in-house native development/design skills in all major eco-systems – IOS, Android, Microsoft online, social and content. They have a true multi-disciplinary approach to technology & web development challenges. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technician to join their busy team in thriving KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Start date ASAP.
Technician - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Technician, you will be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken.
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration.
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to.
- Follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions.
- Maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support.
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Working as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely
- Troubleshooting and upgrading desktop/workstation and server hardware.
- Installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN).
- Troubleshooting and setting up mobile devices, especially those on the Android and iOS platforms
- Comprehensive knowledge of;
- Windows and Apple operating systems
- Windows Server and SBS operating systems
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
- Microsoft Office application suite
- Advanced networking – routers, access points, switches & firewalls
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Helpdesk ticketing systems such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Drivers license
- Other cloud-based technologies
- Advanced networking – Firewalls (Mikrotik, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet)
- Linux operating systems
- MCSE or equivalent
- VMware & Hyper-V
Are you an experienced Technician with a minimum of 5 years’ experience? Are you ready to join the creative and ambitious team of a pioneering South African ISPs & web development company? Is this you? Apply today!