Designer (Intermediate to Senior)
MyCFL Ltd is working with an ambitious and creative South African ISPs & web development company who are creative geniuses in the media industry and veterans from enterprise IT, media and communication. Alongside a lively team culture and community-focused values, these young, imaginative professionals provide globally innovative solutions; strategic consulting, custom app/software development, cloud infrastructure and device supply, integration and support. They have a true multi-disciplinary approach to technology & web development challenges. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Designer (Intermediate to Senior) to join their passionate and successful team, based near thriving KwaZulu – Natal.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
Designer (Intermediate to Senior) - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work on a broad range of exciting current and new projects ultimately being accountable for designing collateral for any medium – apps, websites, illustration, videos, presentations, books.
- Share your knowledge and skills with those around you looking to up-skill your team while also constantly looking for opportunities to develop your own.
- Work purposefully and steadily under pressure with a variety of clients.
- Keep abreast of the latest online trends.
- Drive to be the best in the industry in every task you undertake.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience with graphic design in a digital industry, with a full and comprehensive portfolio.
- Strong knowledge and working experience of;
- User Experience and User Interface design for mobile devices, by producing user journeys, wireframes, prototyping and graphic design for final release.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Mac OS
- Design principles in web, mobile and print, typography and branding
- Working with clients to understand their business/industry, interpret concepts and ideas into a product brief, and translate into a visual solution.
- Technical knowledge of design standards for various digital platforms, especially web and mobile app design.
- Proven senior level experience, providing creative direction to other designers and implementing designs with developers.
- Articulating complex concepts and visualising data through infographic design.
- Constant experimentation and adoption of new design techniques, software, and creative styles.
- Employing digital media techniques to create original illustrations and icon sets.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work coming into the studio.
- Grammar and proofing skills.
- Accountability for testing of finished product to meet quality and usability standards.
- Expert knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Video production, photography and sound editing.
- Content creation.
- Experience working with an app dev team.
- User interface design for Android devices.
- Software development on Android or any other web or mobile platform.
- Designing for responsive web and other platforms (email campaigns, social media, print media).
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines.
Important - do not apply unless you have all of the above essential competencies.
Are you an experienced and highly motivated Designer with least 3 years’ relevant experience with graphic design in a digital industry, with a full and comprehensive portfolio? Do you have a strong desire to utilise your extensive skills set within a passionate and successful team? If so, apply today! Is this you? Apply today!