MyCFL Ltd is working with an established firm of business accountants with offices across the UK. Their clients include both early-stage and mature businesses, ranging from start-ups, sole traders and partnerships, through to limited companies and international groups. We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Trainee Accountant to join their busy team in Aylesbury.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending upon experience
- Excellent company benefits including:
- Study support
- Private medical
- Life assurance
Trainee Accountant - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in the Business Services Team the role will cover accounts prep, taxation, VAT, payroll and client advisory.
- Complete year-end financial accounts work to trial balance for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies increasing personal knowledge through training and experience.
- Complete monthly or quarterly management accounts work to trial balance for local clients of varying complexities.
- Gain an understanding or higher level of competence in business and personal income tax.
- Manage a number of direct client relationships and be the first point of contact for a wider number of customer relationships.
- Maintain a personal development plan to update your own technical knowledge through formal and informal training to the standards set by your association.
- Study for qualifications relevant to the business’s needs supported by your own educational and training plans.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have 1 years experience in a similar practice based role.
- You will be working towards AAT, Qualified or equivalent.
- Team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance.
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on Microsoft Word, Excel and a recognised accounting package - Sage or similar, and be able to learn new accounting programs within short timescales.
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed customer’s requests.
- Career minded, dedicated and willing to prove your worth.
- Able to drive with access to your own vehicle.
Are you an enthusiastic, committed individual currently working towards AAT, qualified or equivalent? Is this you? Apply today!