MyCFL Ltd is working with a group of well established Day Nurseries based in the Dulwich Area with extensive indoor and outdoor facilities. They pride themselves on delivering very high quality childcare and believe that they can do this because they have fantastic facilities, and have built a team of dedicated, fun, caring, inspiring people who are all passionate about what they do. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Nursery Officer to join their busy team in Dulwich.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company benefits.
Nursery Officer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- The planning and preparation of activities to meet children’s individual needs in line with the relevant curriculum documents.
- Liaising with colleagues and parents to ensure effective communication within the nursery.
- Keeping accurate and factual records of children’s development through observation.
- Participate in a key worker system and take special interest in a small number of children.
- Supervision and effective mentoring of nursery assistants and students and helping new staff to settle into the nursery.
- Participation in meetings with parents, social events, and children’s outings.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- NVQ level 3 in childcare, NNEB, BTEC or equivalent.
- Post-qualifying experience working in a daycare setting, particularly with children aged from 3 months to 5 years.
- Knowledge and experience of planning using the Early Years Foundation Stage to ensure that the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of each child are met.
- Knowledge of procedures for Safeguarding/ Child Protection and the ability to adhere to them.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility with regard to shift patterns, setting, age group or any other duty as directed by the room leader, deputy or manager.
- Basic food hygiene is desirable.
- Recent first aid certificate is desirable.
We are looking for a Level 3 in childcare or equivalent qualified Nursery Officer, with strong post-qualifying experience and excellent knowledge of planning using the Early Years Foundation Stage to join a well established Nursery based in Dulwich. Is this you? Apply today!