MyCFL Ltd is working with a group of well established Day Nurseries based in the Dulwich Area with extensive indoor and outdoor facilities. They pride themselves on delivering very high quality childcare and believe that they can do this because they have fantastic facilities, and have built a team of dedicated, fun, caring, inspiring people who are all passionate about what they do. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Nursery Assistant to join their busy team in Dulwich.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company benefits.
Nursery Assistant - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- The planning and preparation of activities to meet children’s individual needs in line with the relevant curriculum documents. This will be with the support of more senior staff as necessary.
- Liaising with colleagues and parents to ensure effective communication within the nursery.
- Keeping accurate and factual records of children’s development through observation.
- Participate in a key worker system and take special interest in a small number of children.
- Providing a good role model for students and helping new staff to settle in to the nursery.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior experience of working in a daycare setting, particularly with children aged from 3 months to 5 years.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in childcare.
- Knowledge of procedures for Safeguarding/ Child Protection and the ability to adhere to them.
- Knowledge of child development and stages of learning.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility with regard to shift patterns, setting, age group or any other duty as directed by the room leader, deputy or manager.
- Knowledge and experience of planning using the the Early Years Foundation Stage to ensure that the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of each child are met.
- Basic food hygiene
- Recent first aid certificate
Do you have prior experience in a nursery setting combined with strong communication skills and a good knowledge of the EYFS and safeguarding? If yes then we would like to speak to you about an exciting opportunity for a Nursery Assistant to be based in Dulwich. Is this you? Apply today!