Accounts and Audit Senior
MyCFL Ltd is working with an established firm of chartered accountants who hold great pride in the team they have working for their clients. They blend experience; flexibility and empowerment to think creatively and innovatively in ways that help their clients achieve success. We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts and Audit Senior to join their busy team in Watford, Hertfordshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary paying of up to £45,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
- Company benefits including Parking & Pension Scheme
Accounts and Audit Senior - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the Accounts and Audit Senior, your role will cover accounts production, audit, payroll and bookkeeping.
- Complete personal and partnership tax returns to include PAYE, unearned income, tax deductions, pensions, self-employed and partnership income.
- Take responsibility for planning, field work and completion of statutory and other audits in a variety of industries, including substantial groups and specialist sectors.
- Support the Client Manager in delivering the work required for this portfolio.
- Be confident in all aspects of auditing and accounting.
- Maintain and develop the current client relationships ensuring Audit efficiency.
- Run client meetings – the role is actively encouraged to have regular contact with clients to help strengthen the relationship.
- Be a technical contact for clients and team members, providing assistance on accounting, auditing and taxation queries.
- Demonstrate excellence in current accounting standards, legislation, technical issues and related matters.
- Continue your personal and professional development through education, training and experience.
- Be involved in any marketing and promotion of the services of our client across the Group with a focus on the SME marketplace, using existing and new marketing resources in order for the team to achieve a planned significant increase in business.
- Be able to train and develop staff on controls and procedures and in getting the best from their own resources.
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on year-end, tax and management accounts software, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as requested or required within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have the ability to join the team and ‘hit the ground running’, holding an ACA/ACCA qualification and previous Audit experience.
- You will have 10 years’ experience in an accountancy practice.
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time.
- Have general business awareness gained either in a business- orientated accounts practice or industry.
- Feel comfortable (with training if necessary) at a mutually agreeable timescale in selling yourself and the business to new clients and build on an existing client base.
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance.
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed the customers’ requests.
- Career minded, dedicated and willing to prove your worth.
Are you ACA/ACCA qualified with Audit experience and 10 years’ experience in an accountancy practice? Is this you? Apply today!