Chef De Partie
MyCFL Ltd is working with a very well established Hotel and Country Club, which is part of the the leading brand of hotels and lodging internationally. With more than 6,000 properties worldwide, our client offer stunning venues and idyllic surroundings, and are proud of their history and thriving culture. We currently have a new opportunity for a Chef de Partie to join their busy team in based near Ware, Hertfordshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Permanent hourly contract
- 40 hours over 5 days, overtime will be paid if worked. Weekend work is part of the role.
- Salary: £9.28 per hour + non-contractual gratuities upon completion of 3 month probation (12.5%).
- Free meals on duty
- Training & progression within the company
- Free car parking
- Local and National Discounts – Benefits Website
- Refer a Friend and receive up to £150
- Commence on 20 holidays per year + 8 bank holidays
- Discounted Room Rates for you and your friends & family & 20% discount Food/Beverages worldwide
- 50% discount when dining
- Birthday vouchers for a meal for 2 inclusive of a bottle of wine and 3 course meal
- Length of service afternoon teas
- Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease schemes
- Free use of Leisure Club (Steam, sauna, Jacuzzi, pool and gym)
- Discounted Beauty Treatments 25% - 50%
- 30% discount on spa products
- 30% discount on golf retail
- Free golf – once a week
- Discounted Rates on Golf Course for friends and family
- Incentive Schemes
- Quarterly / Annual Recognition Awards
- Free Associate Parties – Christmas lunch, Summer BBQs, award dinners etc
Chef De Partie - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation.
- In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labelling, cleaning, and organising coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, QA).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related major
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Innovative and creative in food production
- Pro-active and reliable
- Positive attitude
- Good preparation and co-ordination skills
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Good level of English essential in reading and writing
Is this you? Apply today!