Guest Room Attendant
MyCFL is working with a very well established Hotel and Country Club, which is part of the the leading brand of hotels and lodging internationally. With more than 6,000 properties worldwide, our client offer stunning venues and idyllic surroundings, and are proud of their history and thriving culture. We currently have a new opportunity for a Guest Room Attendant to join their busy team based near Ware, Hertfordshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- 40 hours over 5 days, overtime will be paid if worked.
- Weekend work is part of the role.
- Hourly rate £8.50 per hour.
- Company benefits such as:
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Recognition programs
Guest Room Attendant - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all guest rooms assigned to a section are kept clean on a daily basis, to the standards set by the hotel.
- To comply with all health and safety procedures in the hotel, reporting any discrepancies in the work areas taking responsibility of any keys issued.
- To assist the Housekeepers with the cleanliness and maintenance of all guest rooms.
- Dusting all rooms on a daily basis. Emptying all rubbish from bins.
- Cleaning all furniture and fittings.
- Cleaning all bathrooms, ensuring that all areas are done. Making beds in all rooms, changing all dirty linen.
- Replacing all guest amenities and towels. Vacuuming all rooms on a daily basis.
- Washing all glasses and cups, and replenishing tea and coffee facilities.
- Ensuring all individual guest needs are met.
- Maintaining an attractive appearance in all rooms.
- To carry out ‘Task of the Day’ as specified by Housekeepers. To ensure attendance at daily short-take training sessions. To understand & implement the ‘Basic of the Day’.
- Ensuring all cupboards are kept tidy.
- Removing loan items from corridors/rooms, and inform Housekeeping office of their location. Keeping all corridors free from trays and obstacles.
- Keeping the assigned trolley clean and tidy.
- Ensure all guest lost property is reported and properly stored on the day it is found.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Head and Assistant Head Housekeepers, such as special Spring Cleaning etc.
- Ensuring the linen cupboards are clean and tidy.
- Keeping all trolleys tidy and all products on shelves. Storing all linen on shelves.
- Operating and storing all equipment correctly.
- To use proper quantities of cleaning chemicals.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Desirable to have previous experience within a hotel as a room attendant/maid.
- Able to carry loads.
- Able to follow standards and procedures, as set by the hotel. Able to help other departments, should business require it.
- Speak basic English.
- A good team player.
- Efficient at carrying out tasks given to them.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Eye for detail
- Security conscious.
Is this you? Apply today!