MyCFL Ltd is working with a very well established Hotel and Country Club, which is part of the the leading brand of hotels and lodging internationally. With more than 6,000 properties worldwide, our client offer stunning venues and idyllic surroundings, and are proud of their history and thriving culture. We currently have a new opportunity for a Commis Chef to join their busy team in based near Ware, Hertfordshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Permanent hourly contract
- 40 hours over 5 days, overtime will be paid if worked. Weekend work is part of the role.
- Salary: £7.83 per hour + non-contractual gratuities upon completion of 3 month probation (12.5%). Will further enhance the rate to £8.20 per hour after successful completion of 3 month probation.
- Free meals on duty
- Training & progression within the company
- Free car parking
- Local and National Discounts – Benefits Website
- Refer a Friend and receive up to £150
- Commence on 20 holidays per year + 8 bank holidays
- Discounted Room Rates for you and your friends & family & 20% discount Food/Beverages worldwide
- 50% discount when dining
- Birthday vouchers for a meal for 2 inclusive of a bottle of wine and 3 course meal
- Length of service afternoon teas
- Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease schemes
- Free use of Leisure Club (Steam, sauna, Jacuzzi, pool and gym)
- Discounted Beauty Treatments 25% - 50%
- 30% discount on spa products
- 30% discount on golf retail
- Free golf – once a week
- Discounted Rates on Golf Course for friends and family
- Incentive Schemes
- Quarterly / Annual Recognition Awards
- Free Associate Parties – Christmas lunch, Summer BBQs, award dinners etc
Commis Chef - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organising coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitisers required by health department.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have achieved NVQ level 2 or Existed Examination as Chef (Apprenticeship)/ or experience in a comparable position
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Innovative and creative in food production
- Pro-active and reliable
- Positive attitude
- Good preparation and co-ordination skills
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Good level of English essential in reading and writing
Is this you? Apply today!